Tuesday, September 14, 2010

San Francisco Day 2: WTF & Cupcakes

So first a humorous and depressing note:
OK....I can be dramatic,
but it wasn't THIS bad
The first time I was in San Francisco I noticed a marked difference in the behavior of most homeless people. They were seemingly considerably less harmful...now I KNOW that all homeless people or I should say MOST homeless individuals are harmless....but there have been some individuals that I have avoided getting close to when walking down the street (AND NO! I am not talking about any avoidance based on purely on race; some individuals just seem sketchier)....LIKE the guy the walked by my in Chicago and kicked me hard in the leg FOR NO REASON that was apparent to me.....:-(





Anyway, I know this might sound horrible (or not), but the homeless in San Francisco are different than in other cities (Chicago, NYC, DC, Boston, Cali, Bogota, Cartagena, Paris, Madrid...blah blah blah.....). Although touched by mental illness or other trauma like many homeless, they have an endurable sense of humor that is always evolving and adapting....

This time the homeless cardboard signs were unique:

Countdown:

-#4. Kick me in the ass for $1 (sad...I know and a little symbolic)
-#3. MILF Hunter

Another Coda spotting, first one was in Boston:
Clearly named after my friend Coda.

-#2. Why Lie, I need a beer.
-#1. Fuck you! Give me money. (my favorite)




Then I accidentally walked by a cupcakery with a cupcake bar! YES!


cupcake dog
Classy American Cupcake
Hell yeah

2 comments:

  1. San Fran? What the? No wonder Ohio feels a little different this week. No you! I don't like being this out of the loop. Alas, you are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey---well I have to do something cool.....if I can't be in history class.....

    ReplyDelete