Friday, October 1, 2010

I want a goat and her name will be Marie Curie

Handsome goat
So on Wednesday, I serendipitously came upon a goat farm. I was taking a new route coming home from Oberlin for fun (pretty exciting, I know weeeeeeeeeeeeee) when I saw THIS!

Yeah, that's right. You are looking at 4 goats balancing themselves on giant spools. This made my day.
So I decided that the next time I had to go to Oberlin, I would stop by this farm, buy some honey (they sell honey) and meet the goats.

Today I did just that. Unfortunately, the goats were not in the mood to hang out on the spools, but I still got to meet them, a couple pigs, a few dogs, chickens, geese and a nice older gentleman.

pigs!


The goats were super cute and quite curious. They wanted to eat my phone while I was taking pictures of them. Also, I was taken by their jeweled eyes. They had that beautiful mixture of beauty and evil. 
Look at those eyes!

Goat eye close up, weird right?
After some research, apparently, goats have rectangular pupils. Apparently, so does the octopuses, sheep, and toad. Apparently, I like to say apparently today. Apparently, the rectangular pupil increases depth perception.



I bought very good honey here and met some awesome goats......
Krone Farm 7557 Root Rd North Ridgeville, OH 44039
So I think Coda, my friend that just
bought a little farm, should adopt a little goat.
I will build a custom made spool for her.
goat nose
If 'Marie Curie' (that's right, I named Coda's goat already) is good,
I might build her a spool amusement park

No comments:

Post a Comment