Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oberlin to Kipton: Corn, sheep, goats, squirrels, leaves, & a history lesson

me
goats
sheep
Kipton, Ohio
corn
Apparently, there was a train wreck in Kipton, Ohio in 1891 before trains and tracks had timing mechanisms. As a result of this train wreck, one Mr. Ball invented timed train tracking to prevent future disasters. Also, according to the community of Kipton, his name led to the colloquialism, "on the ball," but upon further investigation, there are many other stated origins of the saying.   
Also, I had a memorable interaction with crotchety old man. He asked me where the a local farm store was and when I didn't know he asked me if I lived around there and when I said no he angrily flung his hands in the air and started grouchily mumbling......
old man


No comments:

Post a Comment