Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cake pops. Amazing!

Mixing cake and icing together never felt or tasted so good.

Vegan buttercream icing

Red velvet & vegan chocolate cake
Cake & Icing Mix


Cake and icing mix...
balled, dipped in melted chocolate and sticked
-ready to chill




        

Stephanie's Sushi soap
Coda drinking coffee
in a Coda cup and saucer
Betsy's black bean dip

Stephanie eating her
birthday cake pop
Betsy's mint Oreo cookie balls
yum yum yum


CAKE POPS (adapted by Ellen from multiple recipes)
-Takes longer than you think...

-Make any cake ( I used non-vegan red velvet and vegan chocolate)
-Crumble up cooled cake and mix in vegan icing (see vegan Buttercream recipe in old post)
-Stick it in the fridge
-Make 1.5 inch cake balls
-Put tray and put in fridge
-Heat candy melts in bowl in microwave for ~1-2 mins (I used nonvegan white chocolate and vegan chocolate)
-Split into bowls and add desired coloring (OR NOT, I didn't)
- get those cake balls out of the fridge!

-Get your lollipop sticks ready ( I found the best sticks far are thick paper cookie sticks), and dip them slightly in the melted candy before inserting them half-to-three-quarters way in to each cake ball.

-Dip your newly-sticked cake pops into the candy coating and rotate to ensure even coverage.

-If desired, decorate with lots of cool candy decorations

-Stand the dipped pops into styrofoam to let drip-dry.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of a treat on a stick but at the moment I've no need. I did see a recipe for Apple Pie Pops in the sept. issue of Better Homes and Gardens. MJB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up and might have to try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that I missed these. They look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete